Cancer of the Prostate Risks
Facts about the risks of prostate surgery include:
- About 8% of patients have complications following surgery for prostate cancer.
- Up to 2% of patients die in the first 30 days following surgery for prostate cancer.
Complications of radical prostatectomy may include:
Continue to Cancer of the Prostate Vaccines
- Alibhai SM, Klotz LH. A systematic review of randomized trials in localized prostate cancer. Can J Urol. 2004 Feb;11(1):2110-7. 
- Astorg P. Dietary N-6 and N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and prostate cancer risk: a review of epidemiological and experimental evidence. Cancer Causes Control. 2004 May;15(4):367-86. 
- Dagnelie PC, Schuurman AG, Goldbohm RA, Van den Brandt PA. Diet, anthropometric measures and prostate cancer risk: a review of prospective cohort and intervention studies. BJU Int. 2004 May;93(8):1139-50. 
- Johns LE, Houlston RS. A systematic review and meta-analysis of familial prostate cancer risk. BJU Int. 2003 Jun;91(9):789-94. 
- Mahmud S, Franco E, Aprikian A. Prostate cancer and use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: systematic review and meta-analysis. Br J Cancer. 2004 Jan 12;90(1):93-9.