Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation biopsy PSA level staging stage 1 stage 2 stage 3 stage 4 stage m stage n Treatment chemotherapy cryotherapy hormone therapy monitoring questions for doctor radiation therapy specialist stage 1 stage 2 stage 3 stage 4 surgery risks vaccines Home Care anorexia catheter care diet pain control taking control warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Cancer of the Prostate Stage 2
Treatment for stage 2 prostate cancer may also include:
- Hormone therapy for prostate cancer
Men over 70, who have stage 2 prostate cancer, may elect not to be treated at this stage.
Continue to Cancer of the Prostate Stage 3
PubMed Cancer of the Prostate References
- Alibhai SM, Klotz LH. A systematic review of randomized trials in localized prostate cancer. Can J Urol. 2004 Feb;11(1):2110-7. 
- Astorg P. Dietary N-6 and N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and prostate cancer risk: a review of epidemiological and experimental evidence. Cancer Causes Control. 2004 May;15(4):367-86. 
- Dagnelie PC, Schuurman AG, Goldbohm RA, Van den Brandt PA. Diet, anthropometric measures and prostate cancer risk: a review of prospective cohort and intervention studies. BJU Int. 2004 May;93(8):1139-50. 
- Johns LE, Houlston RS. A systematic review and meta-analysis of familial prostate cancer risk. BJU Int. 2003 Jun;91(9):789-94. 
- Mahmud S, Franco E, Aprikian A. Prostate cancer and use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: systematic review and meta-analysis. Br J Cancer. 2004 Jan 12;90(1):93-9.