Cancer Kidney Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of renal cell carcinoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for this cancer to return?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Cancer Kidney Specialist
- Amato RJ. Renal cell carcinoma: review of novel single-agent therapeutics and combination regimens. Ann Oncol. 2005 Jan;16(1):7-15. 
- Baird AD, Woolfenden KA, Desmond AD, Fordham MV, Parsons KF. Outcome and survival with nonsurgical management of renal cell carcinoma. BJU Int. 2003 May;91(7):600-2. 
- Nassir A, Jollimore J, Gupta R, Bell D, Norman R. Multilocular cystic renal cell carcinoma: a series of 12 cases and review of the literature. Urology. 2002 Sep;60(3):421-7.