Cancer Cervical HPV Testing
Vaginal swabs are tested for the presence of human papillomavirus (HPV). The HPV test is a newer molecular test that is done on the sample of cervical cells by an automated system that detects the genetic code of the HPV virus.
Continue to Cancer Cervical PAP Smear
- Eddy DM: Screening for cervical cancer. Ann Intern Med 1990 Aug 1; 113(3): 214-26. 
- Ellenson LH, Wu TC. Focus on endometrial and cervical cancer. Cancer Cell. 2004 Jun;5(6):533-8. 
- Schiffman MH, Bauer HM, Hoover RN: Epidemiologic evidence showing that human papillomavirus infection causes most cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. J Natl Cancer Inst 1993 Jun 16; 85(12): 958-64. 
- Sundar S, Horne A, Kehoe S. Cervical cancer. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):2285-92. 
- Waxman AG. Guidelines for cervical cancer screening: history and scientific rationale. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Mar;48(1):77-97.