Cancer Breast Incidence
Facts about breast cancer:
- About 1 out of every 8 women in the US will develop breast cancer.
- There is a 1 in 33 chance of dying from breast cancer.
- This is the most common form of cancer in women.
- Roughly 2 million American women are living with breast cancer.
- Women are 100 times more likely to get breast cancer than men.
- Breast cancer is most common in women over the age of 50.
- One-third of the cases occur in women under the age of 50.
- Breast cancer kills more women than any other kind of cancer.
Continue to Cancer Breast Risk Factors
- Aiello EJ, Buist DS, White E, Seger D, Taplin SH. Rate of breast cancer diagnoses among postmenopausal women with self-reported breast symptoms. J Am Board Fam Pract. 2004 Nov-Dec;17(6):408-15. 
- Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer: Breast cancer and hormone replacement therapy: collaborative reanalysis of data from 51 epidemiological studies of 52,705 women with breast cancer and 108,411 women without breast cancer. Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer. Lancet 1997 Oct 11; 350(9084): 1047-59. 
- Giordano SH. A review of the diagnosis and management of male breast cancer. Oncologist. 2005 Aug;10(7):471-9.