Cancer Breast Stage 0
Breast Cancer Stage 0
Stage 0 disease is also referred to as carcinoma in situ.
There are two forms:
- Ductal carcinoma in situ: a pre-cancerous condition in which the abnormal cells are found in the lining of a breast duct. The abnormal cells have not spread outside the duct to other tissues of the breast.
- Lobular carcinoma in situ: a less commonly pre-cancerous condition in which the abnormal cells are found in the lobules of the breast. This condition can increase the risk of developing breast cancer in either breast.
Continue to Cancer Breast Stage 1
- Aiello EJ, Buist DS, White E, Seger D, Taplin SH. Rate of breast cancer diagnoses among postmenopausal women with self-reported breast symptoms. J Am Board Fam Pract. 2004 Nov-Dec;17(6):408-15. 
- Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer: Breast cancer and hormone replacement therapy: collaborative reanalysis of data from 51 epidemiological studies of 52,705 women with breast cancer and 108,411 women without breast cancer. Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer. Lancet 1997 Oct 11; 350(9084): 1047-59. 
- Giordano SH. A review of the diagnosis and management of male breast cancer. Oncologist. 2005 Aug;10(7):471-9.