California Encephalitis Virus Prevention
Prevention of California group virus may include:
- Avoid mosquito bites:
- Wear insect repellent clothing.
- Use insect repellents that contain DEET.
- Stay indoors at dusk.
- Wear long sleeve shirts and pants, and a hat.
- Check your skin and clothing for mosquitos after being outdoors.
Continue to California Encephalitis Virus Underlying Cause
- Clark GG, Martin RJ, Pretula HL, Langkop CW, Rohrer HH. California group virus infections in Illinois. IMJ Ill Med J. 1980 Feb;157(2):91-6. 
- Fauvel M, Artsob H, Calisher CH, Davignon L, Chagnon A, Skvorc-Ranko R, Belloncik S. California group virus encephalitis in three children from Quebec: clinical and serologic findings. Can Med Assoc J. 1980 Jan 12;122(1):60-2, 64. 
- Moulton DW, Thompson WH. California group virus infections in small, forest-dwelling mammals of Wisconsin. Some ecological considerations. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1971 May;20(3):474-82.