Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care exercises pain and inflammation taking control warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Calcific Tendinitis Evaluation
- Inability to move the shoulder
- Pain during movement of the shoulder
- Shoulder swelling
- Tenderness of the shoulder
Tests are not necessary to make the diagnosis of rotator cuff tendinitis.
Tests that may be used to evaluate rotator cuff tendinitis include:
Continue to Calcific Tendinitis Treatment
PubMed Calcific Tendinitis References
- Hurt G, Baker CL Jr. Calcific tendinitis of the shoulder. Orthop Clin North Am. 2003 Oct;34(4):567-75. 
- Ishii H, Brunet JA, Welsh RP, Uhthoff HK. Bursal reactions in rotator cuff tearing, the impingement syndrome, and calcifying tendinitis. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 1997 Mar-Apr;6(2):131-6. 
- Razavi M, Jansen GB. Effects of acupuncture and placebo TENS in addition to exercise in treatment of rotator cuff tendinitis. Clin Rehabil. 2004 Dec;18(8):872-8.