Buttock Cat Bite Overview
Another name for Buttock Cat Bite is Cat Bite of the Buttock.
Are cat bites to the buttock serious?
Cats have long, sharp teeth that easily puncture the skin, as well as structures beneath the skin. In the case of a cat bite to the buttock, it is uncommon for a cat bite to puncture into an internal organ. Cat bites are common and frequently cause skin infections.
What are the symptoms of a cat bite to the buttock?
Symptoms of a cat bite include skin puncture wound, pain around the bite, and bleeding from the bite.
How does the doctor treat a cat bite to the buttock?
Treatment for cat bites depends on the depth of penetration. General treatment includes wound irrigation and cleansing, tetanus vaccination, and antibiotics.
- Brook I. Management of human and animal bite wounds: an overview. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2005 May;18(4):197-203. 
- Brook I. Microbiology and management of human and animal bite wound infections. Prim Care. 2003 Mar;30(1):25-39, v. 
- Correira K. Managing dog, cat, and human bite wounds. JAAPA. 2003 Apr;16(4):28-32, 34, 37. 
- Talan DA, Citron DM, Abrahamian FM, Moran GJ, Goldstein EJ. Bacteriologic analysis of infected dog and cat bites. Emergency Medicine Animal Bite Infection Study Group. N Engl J Med. 1999 Jan 14;340(2):85-92. 
- Wolff KD. Management of animal bite injuries of the face: experience with 94 patients. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998 Jul;56(7):838-43.