Bursitis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of bursitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Bursitis Specialist
- Bennett R. Addressing musculoskeletal pain. Geriatrics. 2004 Aug;59(8):11-2. 
- Gutierrez G, Burroughs M, Poddar S. Clinical inquiries. Does injection of steroids and lidocaine in the shoulder relieve bursitis? J Fam Pract. 2004 Jun;53(6):488-92. 
- Shbeeb MI, Matteson EL: Trochanteric bursitis (greater trochanter pain syndrome). Mayo Clin Proc 1996 Jun; 71(6): 565-9. 
- Zimmermann B 3rd, Mikolich DJ, Ho G Jr: Septic bursitis. Semin Arthritis Rheum 1995 Jun; 24(6): 391-410.