Bursitis of the Hip Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of hip bursitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Bursitis of the Hip Specialist
- Butcher JD, Salzman KL, Lillegard WA. Lower extremity bursitis. Am Fam Physician. 1996 May 15;53(7):2317-24. 
- Fox JL. The role of arthroscopic bursectomy in the treatment of trochanteric bursitis. Arthroscopy. 2002 Sep;18(7):E34. 
- Shbeeb MI, O'Duffy JD, Michet CJ Jr, O'Fallon WM, Matteson EL. Evaluation of glucocorticosteroid injection for the treatment of trochanteric bursitis. J Rheumatol. 1996 Dec;23(12):2104-6.