Burkitt Lymphoma Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Burkitt lymphoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Burkitt Lymphoma Specialist
- Brady G, MacArthur GJ, Farrell PJ. Epstein-Barr virus and Burkitt lymphoma. J Clin Pathol. 2007 Dec;60(12):1397-402. 
- Haralambieva E, Boerma EJ, van Imhoff GW, et al. Clinical, immunophenotypic, and genetic analysis of adult lymphomas with morphologic features of burkitt lymphoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2005 Aug;29(8):1086-94. 
- Thornburg CD, Roulston D, Castle VP. Burkitt lymphoma and Williams syndrome: a model for children with a multisystem disorder and malignancy. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2005 Feb;27(2):109-11.