Buerger's Disease Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Buerger's disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Buerger's Disease Specialist
- Abi-Saleh B, Chirculescu C, Eggleston KL, Takubo T Jr, Byrd RP Jr, Roy TM. Buerger's disease and pulmonary hypertension: a rare association? Tenn Med. 2005 Jan;98(1):37-8, 42. 
- Bozkurt AK, Besirli K, Koksal C, Sirin G, Yuceyar L, Tuzun H, Sayin AG. Surgical treatment of Buerger's disease. Vascular. 2004 May-Jun;12(3):192-7. 
- Cooper LT, Tse TS, Mikhail MA, et al. Long-term survival and amputation risk in thromboangiitis obliterans (Buerger's disease). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004 Dec 21;44(12):2410-1. 
- Naito AT, Minamino T, Tateno K, Nagai T, Komuro I. Steroid-responsive thromboangiitis obliterans. Lancet. 2004 Sep 18-24;364(9439):1098.