Buerger's Disease Incidence
Facts about Buerger's disease:
- Males are affected more often than females in a ratio of approximately 75 to 1.
- About 7 or 8 out of 100,000 people have Buerger's disease.
- For unknown reasons, this disease is more common in Asia.
Continue to Buerger's Disease Risk Factors
- Abi-Saleh B, Chirculescu C, Eggleston KL, Takubo T Jr, Byrd RP Jr, Roy TM. Buerger's disease and pulmonary hypertension: a rare association? Tenn Med. 2005 Jan;98(1):37-8, 42. 
- Bozkurt AK, Besirli K, Koksal C, Sirin G, Yuceyar L, Tuzun H, Sayin AG. Surgical treatment of Buerger's disease. Vascular. 2004 May-Jun;12(3):192-7. 
- Cooper LT, Tse TS, Mikhail MA, et al. Long-term survival and amputation risk in thromboangiitis obliterans (Buerger's disease). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004 Dec 21;44(12):2410-1. 
- Naito AT, Minamino T, Tateno K, Nagai T, Komuro I. Steroid-responsive thromboangiitis obliterans. Lancet. 2004 Sep 18-24;364(9439):1098.