Bruising Easily Home Care
Home care for ear bruising includes:
- Avoid aspirin.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory medications:
- Avoid injuries to the skin.
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Rest an injury that causes bruising:
- Use a walker.
- Use crutches.
- Use a cane.
- If possible, elevate the injury above your heart to help control swelling.
Bruising Easily Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have ear bruising and any of the following:
Continue to Bruising Easily Underlying Cause
- Liesner R, Hann I, Khair K. Non-accidental injury and the haematologist: the causes and investigation of easy bruising. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2004 May;15 Suppl 1:S41-8. 
- Maguire S, Mann MK, Sibert J, Kemp A. Are there patterns of bruising in childhood which are diagnostic or suggestive of abuse? A systematic review. Arch Dis Child. 2005 Feb;90(2):182-6. 
- Valente MJ, Abramson N. Easy bruisability. South Med J. 2006 Apr;99(4):366-70. Review. Summary for patients in: South Med J. 2006 Jun;99(6):635. 
- Vora A, Makris M. Personal practice: An approach to investigation of easy bruising. Arch Dis Child. 2001 Jun;84(6):488-91.