Bruised Heart Home Care
- Limit physical activity
- As directed by your doctor.
- Acetaminophen for pain
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Bruised Heart Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have a myocardial contusion and any of the following:
Continue to Bruised Heart Complications
- Bansal MK, Maraj S, Chewaproug D, Amanullah A. Myocardial contusion injury: redefining the diagnostic algorithm. Emerg Med J. 2005 Jul;22(7):465-9. 
- Ferguson M, Luchette FA. Management of blunt chest injury. Respir Care Clin N Am. 1996 Sep;2(3):449-66. 
- Nagy KK, Krosner SM, Roberts RR, Joseph KT, Smith RF, Barrett J. Determining which patients require evaluation for blunt cardiac injury following blunt chest trauma. World J Surg. 2001 Jan;25(1):108-11. 
- Sartorelli KH, Vane DW. The diagnosis and management of children with blunt injury of the chest. Semin Pediatr Surg. 2004 May;13(2):98-105.