Bronchiolitis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of bronchiolitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Bronchiolitis Specialist
- Domachowske JB, Rosenberg HF. Advances in the treatment and prevention of severe viral bronchiolitis. Pediatr Ann. 2005 Jan;34(1):35-41. 
- Flores G, Horwitz RI: Efficacy of beta2-agonists in bronchiolitis: a reappraisal and meta-analysis. Pediatrics 1997 Aug; 100(2 Pt 1): 233-9. 
- Kellner JD, Ohlsson A, Gadomski AM, Wang EE: Efficacy of bronchodilator therapy in bronchiolitis. A meta-analysis. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 1996 Nov; 150(11): 1166-72. 
- Lozano JM. Bronchiolitis. Clin Evid. 2004 Dec;(12):370-84. 
- Shay DK, Holman RC, Newman RD, et al: Bronchiolitis-associated hospitalizations among US children, 1980-1996. JAMA 1999 Oct 20; 282(15): 1440-6.