Bronchiectasis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of bronchiectasis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for bronchitis and pneumonia?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Bronchiectasis Specialist
- Barker AF: Bronchiectasis. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1995 Apr; 7(2): 112-8. 
- Franco F, Sheikh A, Greenstone M: Short acting beta-2 agonists for bronchiectasis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003; CD003572. 
- ten Hacken N, Kerstjens H, Postma D. Bronchiectasis. Clin Evid. 2004 Jun;(11):1998-2002. 
- Tsang KW, Tan KC, Ho PL, et al: Inhaled fluticasone in bronchiectasis: a 12 month study. Thorax 2005 Mar; 60(3): 239-43.