Bronchial Tube Infection Chronic Outlook
What to expect with chronic bronchitis:
- The outlook is good for those who stop smoking: the majority of symptoms may resolve.
- Once damage has been done to the lungs, it is not reversible.
Continue to Bronchial Tube Infection Chronic Complications
- Brunton S, Carmichael BP, Colgan R, Feeney AS, Fendrick AM, Quintiliani R, Scott G. Acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis: a primary care consensus guideline. Am J Manag Care. 2004 Oct;10(10):689-96. 
- Martinez FJ, Anzueto A. Appropriate outpatient treatment of acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic bronchitis. Am J Med. 2005 Jul;118(Suppl 7A):39S-44S. 
- Panpanich R, Lerttrakarnnon P, Laopaiboon M. Azithromycin for acute lower respiratory tract infections. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004 Oct 18;(4):CD001954. 
- Schmier JK, Halpern MT, Higashi MK, Bakst A. The quality of life impact of acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis (AECB): a literature review. Qual Life Res. 2005 Mar;14(2):329-47.