Broken Toe Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of toe fracture.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Will I need surgery?
- Does my toenail need to be removed?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Will I lose my toenail?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for another toe injury?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
Continue to Broken Toe Specialist
- Burns J, Keenan AM, Redmond A. Foot type and overuse injury in triathletes. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2005 May-Jun;95(3):235-41. 
- Kunkel M, Miller SD. Return to work after foot and ankle injury. Foot Ankle Clin. 2002 Jun;7(2):421-8, viii. 
- Tran T, Thordarson D. Functional outcome of multiply injured patients with associated foot injury. Foot Ankle Int. 2002 Apr;23(4):340-3.