Broken Pelvis Outlook
What to expect with a pelvic bone fracture:
- About 90 percent of all pelvic bone fractures are minor and recovery is excellent.
- The outlook depends on the severity of the fracture.
- About 5 percent of those with pelvic bone fractures die from their injuries.
Continue to Broken Pelvis Complications
- Blackmore CC, Jurkovich GJ, Linnau KF, Cummings P, Hoffer EK, Rivara FP. Assessment of volume of hemorrhage and outcome from pelvic fracture. Arch Surg. 2003 May;138(5):504-8. 
- Fangio P, Asehnoune K, Edouard A, Smail N, Benhamou D. Early embolization and vasopressor administration for management of life-threatening hemorrhage from pelvic fracture. J Trauma. 2005 May;58(5):978-84. 
- Heetveld MJ, Harris I, Schlaphoff G, Sugrue M. Guidelines for the management of haemodynamically unstable pelvic fracture patients. ANZ J Surg. 2004 Jul;74(7):520-9. 
- O'brien DP, Luchette FA, Pereira SJ, Lim E, Seeskin CS, James L, Miller S, Davis K Jr, Hurst JM, Johannigman JA, Frame SB. Pelvic fracture in the elderly is associated with increased mortality.Surgery. 2002 Oct;132(4):710-4.