Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care liquid diet pain control warning signs Outlook Underlying Cause Types Anatomy
Broken Mandible Evaluation
- Jaw pain during speaking or chewing
- Jaw swelling and deformity
- Tooth fracture
- Tooth avulsion
Tests are required to make the diagnosis of a jaw fracture.
Tests that may be used to evaluate a jaw fracture include:
Continue to Broken Mandible Treatment
PubMed Broken Mandible References
- Donat TL, Endress C, Mathog RH. Facial fracture classification according to skeletal support mechanisms. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1998 Dec;124(12):1306-14. 
- King RE, Scianna JM, Petruzzelli GJ. Mandible fracture patterns: a suburban trauma center experience. Am J Otolaryngol. 2004 Sep-Oct;25(5):301-7. 
- Lazow SK. The mandible fracture: a treatment protocol. J Craniomaxillofac Trauma. 1996 Summer;2(2):24-30.