Broken Elbow Outlook
What to expect with an elbow fracture:
- Bruising and swelling usually resolve within 1-2 weeks.
- Bone healing usually requires 6 weeks.
- Physical therapy is usually required to restore normal elbow function.
Continue to Broken Elbow Complications
- Ring D, Jupiter JB. Fracture-dislocation of the elbow. Hand Clin. 2002 Feb;18(1):55-63. 
- Saati AZ, McKee MD. Fracture-dislocation of the elbow: diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis. Hand Clin. 2004 Nov;20(4):405-14. 
- Skaggs DL, Mirzayan R. The posterior fat pad sign in association with occult fracture of the elbow in children. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1999 Oct;81(10):1429-33.