Brittle Nails Treatment
Treatment for brittle nails focuses on preventing exposure to chemicals that can damage the nails and providing moisture to the nails. Moisturizing lotions or creams help to reduce the lost of moisture. The best time to apply these products is after bathing, when the nails are moist. Biotin, one of the B vitamins, may also improve the structure of the nail.
Treatment for brittle nails may include:
- Vitamin B supplements
- Avoid exposure to household chemicals.
- Apply moisturizing lotion or cream
Continue to Brittle Nails Home Care
- Dahdah MJ, Scher RK. Nail diseases related to nail cosmetics. Dermatol Clin. 2006 Apr;24(2):233-9, vii. 
- Geyer AS, Onumah N, Uyttendaele H, Scher RK. Modulation of linear nail growth to treat diseases of the nail. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2004 Feb;50(2):229-34. 
- van de Kerkhof PC, Pasch MC, Scher RK, Kerscher M, Gieler U, Haneke E, Fleckman P. Brittle nail syndrome: a pathogenesis-based approach with a proposed grading system. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2005 Oct;53(4):644-51.