Breech Delivery Outlook
What to expect with a breech delivery:
- Infant morbidity and mortality is much higher in breech deliveries than in normal deliveries.
- Some of the mortality and morbidity associated with breech deliveries is secondary to congenital birth defects.
Continue to Breech Delivery Underlying Cause
- Doyle NM, Riggs JW, Ramin SM, Sosa MA, Gilstrap LC. Outcomes of term vaginal breech delivery. Am J Perinatol. 2005 Aug;22(6):325-8. 
- Ghosh MK. Breech presentation: evolution of management. J Reprod Med. 2005 Feb;50(2):108-16. 
- Hofmeyr GJ. Interventions to help external cephalic version for breech presentation at term. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(1):CD000184.