Breast Tumor Benign Symptoms
The most common symptom of benign breast disease includes:
- Breast lump:
- Lump is usually soft and rubbery
- Lump is usually nontender
- Lump is not attached to underlying tissue
- Lump is not attached to overlying skin
- Breast swelling:
- Swollen area is soft and nontender
- One or both breasts may be swollen
A breast lump or nipple discharge may also be signs of breast cancer.
For more information:
Continue to Breast Tumor Benign Evaluation
- Dehner LP, Hill DA, Deschryver K: Pathology of the breast in children, adolescents, and young adults. Semin Diagn Pathol 1999 Aug; 16(3): 235-47. 
- Greydanus DE, Parks DS, Farrell EG: Breast disorders in children and adolescents. Pediatr Clin North Am 1989 Jun; 36(3): 601-38. 
- Norlock FE: Benign breast pain in women: a practical approach to evaluation and treatment. J Am Med Womens Assoc 2002 Spring; 57(2): 85-90.