Breast Lump Prevention
Prevention of a breast lump includes:
- Avoid caffeine.
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Avoid alcohol, or drink alcohol in moderation:
- For women: no more than 1 alcoholic beverage per day
- Eat a low fat diet.
- Eat foods that contain soy.
- Eat a high fiber diet.
- Regular exercise program for women
- Weight loss if you are overweight
- Tamoxifen to prevent breast cancer:
- For women with a high risk for breast cancer
Continue to Breast Lump Underlying Cause
- Dehner LP, Hill DA, Deschryver K: Pathology of the breast in children, adolescents, and young adults. Semin Diagn Pathol 1999 Aug; 16(3): 235-47. 
- Greydanus DE, Parks DS, Farrell EG: Breast disorders in children and adolescents. Pediatr Clin North Am 1989 Jun; 36(3): 601-38. 
- Norlock FE: Benign breast pain in women: a practical approach to evaluation and treatment. J Am Med Womens Assoc 2002 Spring; 57(2): 85-90.