Breast Fibroadenoma Evaluation
- New breast lump
- Changes in breast shape or size
Tests are required to make the diagnosis of breast fibroadenoma.
Tests that may be used to evaluate breast fibroadenoma include:
Breast Fibroadenoma Breast Biopsy
A breast biopsy is usually necessary for many women with a breast lump. A needle biopsy can obtain a sample of tissue or fluid from a cyst. Large or deep breast lumps may require an open biopsy.
Examples of breast biopsy:
Continue to Breast Fibroadenoma Treatment
- El-Wakeel H, Umpleby HC. Systematic review of fibroadenoma as a risk factor for breast cancer. Breast. 2003 Oct;12(5):302-7. 
- Fine RE, Staren ED. Updates in breast ultrasound. Surg Clin North Am. 2004 Aug;84(4):1001-34, v-vi. 
- Littrup PJ, Freeman-Gibb L, Andea A, White M, Amerikia KC, Bouwman D, Harb T, Sakr W. Cryotherapy for breast fibroadenomas. Radiology. 2005 Jan;234(1):63-72. 
- Norlock FE. Benign breast pain in women: a practical approach to evaluation and treatment. J Am Med Womens Assoc. 2002 Spring;57(2):85-90.