Breast Disease Fibrocystic Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of fibrocystic breast disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for breast cancer?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Breast Disease Fibrocystic Specialist
- Horner NK, Lampe JW. Potential mechanisms of diet therapy for fibrocystic breast conditions show inadequate evidence of effectiveness. J Am Diet Assoc. 2000 Nov;100(11):1368-80. 
- Norlock FE. Benign breast pain in women: a practical approach to evaluation and treatment. J Am Med Womens Assoc. 2002 Spring;57(2):85-90. 
- Wu C, Ray RM, Lin MG, Gao DL, Horner NK, Nelson ZC, Lampe JW, Hu YW, Shannon J, Stalsberg H, Li W, Fitzgibbons D, Porter P, Patterson RE, Satia JA, Thomas DB. A case-control study of risk factors for fibrocystic breast conditions: Shanghai Nutrition and Breast Disease Study, China, 1995-2000. Am J Epidemiol. 2004 Nov 15;160(10):945-60.