Breast Cancer Stage 3c
Breast Cancer Stage 3C
Stage 3C cancers have both of the following characteristics:
- Cancer has spread to lymph nodes beneath the collarbone and near the neck
- Cancer may have spread to lymph nodes under the arm and to tissues near the breast
Stage 3C cancers are further divided into the following two groups:
- Stage 3C operable Any one of the following qualifies as being 3C operable:
- Cancer is found in 10 or more lymph nodes under the arm.
- Cancer is found in the lymph nodes beneath the collarbone and near the neck on the same side of the body as the breast with the cancer.
- Cancer is found in lymph nodes within the breast itself and in lymph nodes under the arm.
- Stage 3C inoperable In this stage, the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes above the collarbone and near the neck on the same side of the body as the breast with cancer.
Continue to Breast Cancer Stage 4
- Aiello EJ, Buist DS, White E, Seger D, Taplin SH. Rate of breast cancer diagnoses among postmenopausal women with self-reported breast symptoms. J Am Board Fam Pract. 2004 Nov-Dec;17(6):408-15. 
- Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer: Breast cancer and hormone replacement therapy: collaborative reanalysis of data from 51 epidemiological studies of 52,705 women with breast cancer and 108,411 women without breast cancer. Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer. Lancet 1997 Oct 11; 350(9084): 1047-59. 
- Giordano SH. A review of the diagnosis and management of male breast cancer. Oncologist. 2005 Aug;10(7):471-9.