Breast Cancer in Males Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of breast cancer in males.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Breast Cancer in Males Specialist
- Appelbaum AH, Evans GF, Levy KR, et al: Mammographic appearances of male breast disease. Radiographics 1999 May-Jun; 19(3): 559-68 . 
- Carmalt HL, Mann LJ, Kennedy CW, et al: Carcinoma of the male breast: a review and recommendations for management. Aust N Z J Surg 1998 Oct; 68(10): 712-5 
- Dehner LP, Hill DA, Deschryver K: Pathology of the breast in children, adolescents, and young adults. Semin Diagn Pathol 1999 Aug; 16(3): 235-47. 
- Giordano SH, Perkins GH, Broglio K, Garcia SG, Middleton LP, Buzdar AU, Hortobagyi GN. Adjuvant systemic therapy for male breast carcinoma. Cancer. 2005 Dec 1;104(11):2359-64. 
- Greydanus DE, Parks DS, Farrell EG: Breast disorders in children and adolescents. Pediatr Clin North Am 1989 Jun; 36(3): 601-38. 
- Hsing AW, McLaughlin JK, Cocco P, Co Chien HT, Fraumeni JF Jr. Risk factors for male breast cancer (United States). Cancer Causes Control. 1998 May;9(3):269-75. 
- Pacinda SJ, Ramzy I. Fine-needle aspiration of breast masses. A review of its role in diagnosis and management in adolescent patients. J Adolesc Health. 1998 Jul;23(1):3-6. 
- Stewart RA, Howlett DC, Hearn FJ: Pictorial review: the imaging features of male breast disease. Clin Radiol 1997 Oct; 52(10): 739-44.