What to expect with benign positional vertigo:
- This condition tends to resolve by itself after several weeks, but recurrent episodes are common.
- Benign positional vertigo can last for months and be very debilitating.
Continue to BPV Underlying Cause
- Chiou WY, Lee HL, Tsai SC, Yu TH, Lee XX. A single therapy for all subtypes of horizontal canal positional vertigo. Laryngoscope. 2005 Aug;115(8):1432-5. 
- Halmagyi GM. Diagnosis and management of vertigo. Clin Med. 2005 Mar-Apr;5(2):159-65. 
- Prokopakis EP, Chimona T, Tsagournisakis M, et al. Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: 10-Year Experience in Treating 592 Patients with Canalith Repositioning Procedure. Laryngoscope. 2005 Sep;115(9):1667-1671. 
- White J. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo: how to diagnose and quickly treat it. Cleve Clin J Med. 2004 Sep;71(9):722-8.