There are exercises for benign postural vertigo patients that can be done at home, but only after a doctor's evaluation. These may reduce symptoms of benign vertigo.
Exercises for benign positional vertigo:
- Sit on the edge of your bed near the middle, with legs hanging down.
- Turn your head 45 degrees to your right side.
- Quickly lie down on your left side, with your head still turned, touching the bed with the portion of your head behind your ear.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Sit up again. Hold position for 30 seconds.
- Quickly turn your head 45 degrees toward your left side and lie down on your right side. Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Sit up again. Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise 4 to 5 times, 3 times per day.
Continue to BPV Nausea and Vomiting
- Chiou WY, Lee HL, Tsai SC, Yu TH, Lee XX. A single therapy for all subtypes of horizontal canal positional vertigo. Laryngoscope. 2005 Aug;115(8):1432-5. 
- Halmagyi GM. Diagnosis and management of vertigo. Clin Med. 2005 Mar-Apr;5(2):159-65. 
- Prokopakis EP, Chimona T, Tsagournisakis M, et al. Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: 10-Year Experience in Treating 592 Patients with Canalith Repositioning Procedure. Laryngoscope. 2005 Sep;115(9):1667-1671. 
- White J. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo: how to diagnose and quickly treat it. Cleve Clin J Med. 2004 Sep;71(9):722-8.