Botulism Infant Botulism
Initial symptoms of infant botulism include:
- Usually for 2-3 days
- Poor suckling
Symptoms of worsening infant botulism include:
- Poor feeding in infants
- Difficulty swallowing
- Generalized muscle weakness
- Loss of muscle tone
- Weak cry
An infant with severe botulism may develop severe muscle weakness and difficulty breathing.
Continue to Botulism Wound Botulism
- Cherington M. Botulism: update and review. Semin Neurol. 2004 Jun;24(2):155-63. 
- Hatheway CL: Botulism: the present status of the disease. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 1995; 195: 55-75. 
- Robinson RF, Nahata MC. Management of botulism. Ann Pharmacother. 2003 Jan;37(1):127-31. 
- Shapiro RL, Hatheway C, Swerdlow DL: Botulism in the United States: a clinical and epidemiologic review. Ann Intern Med 1998 Aug 1; 129(3): 221-8.