Overview Incidence Symptoms food borne botulism infant botulism wound botulism Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Warning Signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Types food borne botulism infant botulism unknown source wound botulism
Facts about botulism:
- Botulism is very rare in the US: about 100 cases are reported each year.
- About 75 percent of cases occur in infants.
Continue to Botulism Symptoms
PubMed Botulism References
- Cherington M. Botulism: update and review. Semin Neurol. 2004 Jun;24(2):155-63. 
- Hatheway CL: Botulism: the present status of the disease. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 1995; 195: 55-75. 
- Robinson RF, Nahata MC. Management of botulism. Ann Pharmacother. 2003 Jan;37(1):127-31. 
- Shapiro RL, Hatheway C, Swerdlow DL: Botulism in the United States: a clinical and epidemiologic review. Ann Intern Med 1998 Aug 1; 129(3): 221-8.