Blue Diaper Syndrome Treatment
Treatment for blue diaper syndrome includes:
- Low tryptophan diet
- Avoid foods that contain tryptophan:
Blue Diaper Syndrome Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of blue diaper syndrome.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- Will my other children have this condition?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Blue Diaper Syndrome Complications
- Libit SA, Ulstrom RA, Doeden D. Fecal pseudomonas aeruginosa as a cause of the blue diaper syndrome. J Pediatr. 1972 Sep;81(3):546-7.