Blood Poisoning Incidence
Facts about sepsis:
- About 3 out of 1,000 people develop sepsis in the US each year.
- Sepsis is more common in males than in females.
Continue to Blood Poisoning Risk Factors
- Das UN. Critical advances in septicemia and septic shock. Crit Care. 2000;4(5):290-6. 
- Foley RN, Guo H, Snyder JJ, Gilbertson DT, Collins AJ. Septicemia in the United States dialysis population, 1991 to 1999. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004 Apr;15(4):1038-45. 
- Singh SA, Dutta S, Narang A. Predictive clinical scores for diagnosis of late onset neonatal septicemia. J Trop Pediatr. 2003 Aug;49(4):235-9. 
- Venditti M, Serra P. Overview of septicemia. J Chemother. 1991 Jan;3 Suppl 1:7-14.