Blood Flukes Incidence
Facts about schistosomiasis:
- About 400,000 people in the US have schistosomiasis.
- Infections occur outside the US, because the parasites are not found in the US.
- The infection occurs in tropical and subtropical areas of the world.
- About 200 million people are infected worldwide.
Continue to Blood Flukes Symptoms
- Bichler KH, Feil G, Zumbragel A, Eipper E, Dyballa S. Schistosomiasis: a critical review. Curr Opin Urol. 2001 Jan;11(1):97-101. 
- Davis-Reed L, Theis JH. Cutaneous schistosomiasis: report of a case and review of the literature. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2000 Apr;42(4):678-80. 
- Magnussen P. Treatment and re-treatment strategies for schistosomiasis control in different epidemiological settings: a review of 10 years' experiences. Acta Trop. 2003 May;86(2-3):243-54.