Blood Flukes Home Care
Home care for schistosomiasis includes:
- Take prescribed antibiotics as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Don't stop taking your medication just because you feel better.
- If you feel worse, talk to your doctor before you stop your medication.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Acetaminophen for pain and fever
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain:
Blood Flukes Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have schistosomiasis and any of the following:
Continue to Blood Flukes Prevention
- Bichler KH, Feil G, Zumbragel A, Eipper E, Dyballa S. Schistosomiasis: a critical review. Curr Opin Urol. 2001 Jan;11(1):97-101. 
- Davis-Reed L, Theis JH. Cutaneous schistosomiasis: report of a case and review of the literature. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2000 Apr;42(4):678-80. 
- Magnussen P. Treatment and re-treatment strategies for schistosomiasis control in different epidemiological settings: a review of 10 years' experiences. Acta Trop. 2003 May;86(2-3):243-54.