Blood Clotting Problem Home Care
Home care for a platelet function disorder includes:
Blood Clotting Problem Nosebleed
- How to stop a nosebleed:
- Pinch the nose firmly for 15 minutes without letting go. Make sure you are pinching the nose below the nasal bone.
- Sit upright: do not lie down.
- Breathe through your mouth.
- Drink cold water to clear blood from your throat.
- Seek medical care if the bleeding does not stop.
- Do not remove blood clots from your nose once the bleeding has stopped.
- Do not blow your nose for at least 2 days.
- Do not take aspirin for one week after the nosebleed.
- Avoid hot liquids.
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
Blood Clotting Problem Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have a platelet function disorder and any of the following:
Continue to Blood Clotting Problem Outlook
- Michelson AD. How platelets work: platelet function and dysfunction. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2003 Aug-Oct;16(1-2):7-12. 
- Peerschke EI. The laboratory evaluation of platelet dysfunction. Clin Lab Med. 2002 Jun;22(2):405-20. 
- Vinik AI, Erbas T, Park TS, Nolan R, Pittenger GL. Platelet dysfunction in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2001 Aug;24(8):1476-85.