Blepharitis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of blepharitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Blepharitis Specialist
- Asano-Kato N, Fukagawa K, et al. Treatment of atopic blepharitis by controlling eyelid skin water retention ability with ceramide gel application. Br J Ophthalmol. 2003 Mar;87(3):362-3. 
- Gupta AK, Bluhm R, Cooper EA, Summerbell RC, Batra R. Seborrheic dermatitis. Dermatol Clin. 2003 Jul;21(3):401-12. 
- McCulley JP, Shine WE. Eyelid disorders: the meibomian gland, blepharitis, and contact lenses. Eye Contact Lens. 2003 Jan;29(1 Suppl):S93-5; discussion S115-8, S192-4. 
- Swann PG, Weir J. Is it blepharitis? Clin Exp Optom. 2005 Mar;88(2):113-4. 
- Yalcin E, Altin F, Cinhuseyinoglue F, Arslan MO. N-acetylcysteine in chronic blepharitis. Cornea. 2002 Mar;21(2):164-8.