Blemishes to the Skin Incidence
Facts about acne:
- The onset of acne occurs during the teenage years.
- About 80 percent of teenagers develop acne.
- About 3 percent of adults have acne.
- Acne usually begins to subside by age 20.
Continue to Blemishes to the Skin Risk Factors
- James WD. Clinical practice. Acne. N Engl J Med. 2005 Apr 7;352(14):1463-72. 
- Magin P, Pond D, Smith W, Watson A. A systematic review of the evidence for 'myths and misconceptions' in acne management: diet, face-washing and sunlight. Fam Pract. 2005 Feb;22(1):62-70. 
- Marks R. Acne and its management beyond the age of 35 years. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2004;5(6):459-62.