Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment cystic acne dermabrasion drugs antibiotics benzoyl peroxide birth control pills drying agents laser questions for doctor specialist surgery Home Care taking control warning signs Underlying Cause Anatomy
Blemishes to the Skin Evaluation
- Skin lesions:
- Usually located on the face, back or chest
- Red pimples
- Pimples filled with pus
- Skin redness around the lesions
- Skin cysts:
- Skin tenderness
Tests are not required to make the diagnosis of acne.
Continue to Blemishes to the Skin Treatment
PubMed Blemishes to the Skin References
- James WD. Clinical practice. Acne. N Engl J Med. 2005 Apr 7;352(14):1463-72. 
- Magin P, Pond D, Smith W, Watson A. A systematic review of the evidence for 'myths and misconceptions' in acne management: diet, face-washing and sunlight. Fam Pract. 2005 Feb;22(1):62-70. 
- Marks R. Acne and its management beyond the age of 35 years. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2004;5(6):459-62.