Bleeding from the Vagina in Pregnancy Home Care
- Rest in bed, as recommended by your doctor.
- Avoid physical exertion.
- Do not douche.
- Do not have intercourse.
- Avoid caffeine.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Do not take aspirin or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications.
- Acetaminophen for pain
- Do not have sexual intercourse until one week after the bleeding stops.
Bleeding from the Vagina in Pregnancy Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you are pregnant and any of the following:
Continue to Bleeding from the Vagina in Pregnancy Prevention
- Szabo I, Szilagyi A. Management of threatened abortion. Early Pregnancy. 1996 Dec;2(4):233-40. 
- Weiss JL, Malone FD, Vidaver J, et al. Threatened abortion: A risk factor for poor pregnancy outcome, a population-based screening study. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004 Mar;190(3):745-50. 
- Yip SK, Sahota D, Cheung LP, Lam P, Haines CJ, Chung TK. Accuracy of clinical diagnostic methods of threatened abortion. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2003;56(1):38-42.