Bladder Retention Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of urinary retention.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for urinary retention?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Bladder Retention Specialist
- Acheson J, Mudd D. Acute urinary retention attributable to sacral herpes zoster. Emerg Med J. 2004 Nov;21(6):752-3. 
- Ghalayini IF, Al-Ghazo MA, Pickard RS. A prospective randomized trial comparing transurethral prostatic resection and clean intermittent self-catheterization in men with chronic urinary retention. BJU Int. 2005 Jul;96(1):93-7. 
- Jensen P, Mikkelsen T, Kehlet H. Postherniorrhaphy urinary retention--effect of local, regional, and general anesthesia: a review. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2002 Nov-Dec;27(6):612-7. 
- Thomas K, Chow K, Kirby RS. Acute urinary retention: a review of the aetiology and management. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2004;7(1):32-7.