Black Widow Spider Bite Incidence
Facts about a black widow spider bite:
- The exact number of these bites is not known, since many people do not seek medical care for minor bites.
- In Texas, where the spider is common, there are 100-300 bites each year.
Continue to Black Widow Spider Bite Symptoms
- Cohen J, Bush S. Case report: compartment syndrome after a suspected black widow spider bite. Ann Emerg Med. 2005 Apr;45(4):414-6. 
- Hawdon GM, Winkel KD. Spider bite. A rational approach. Aust Fam Physician. 1997 Dec;26(12):1380-5. 
- Reeves JA, Allison EJ Jr, Goodman PE. Black widow spider bite in a child. Am J Emerg Med. 1996 Sep;14(5):469-71.