Bitten by a Scorpion Outlook
What to expect with a scorpion sting:
- Patients completely recover from non-poisonous scorpion stings.
- After early treatment with antivenin, most patients recover from poisonous scorpion stings.
Continue to Bitten by a Scorpion Complications
- Bahloul M, Rekik N, Chabchoub I, Chaari A, Ksibi H, Kallel H, Damak H, Chaari A, Ben Hamida C, Chelly H, Bouaziz M.Neurological complications secondary to severe scorpion envenomation. Med Sci Monit. 2005 Apr;11(4):CR196-202. 
- Foex B, Wallis L. Best evidence topic report. Scorpion envenomation: does administration of antivenom alter outcome? Emerg Med J. 2005 Mar;22(3):195. Review. 
- LoVecchio F, McBride C. Scorpion envenomations in young children in central Arizona. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol. 2003;41(7):937-40. 
- Nugent JS, More DR, Hagan LL, Demain JG, Whisman BA, Freeman TM. Cross-reactivity between allergens in the venom of the common striped scorpion and the imported fire ant. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004 Aug;114(2):383-6.