Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care pain in adults pain in children warning signs
Bitten by a Brown Recluse Evaluation
- Discoloration of the skin at the bite site
- Skin ulcer formation at the bite site
The diagnosis of brown recluse bite is usually made without testing.
Tests that may be used to evaluate a brown recluse spider bite include:
Continue to Bitten by a Brown Recluse Treatment
PubMed Bitten by a Brown Recluse References
- Mold JW, Thompson DM. Management of brown recluse spider bites in primary care. J Am Board Fam Pract. 2004 Sep-Oct;17(5):347-52. 
- Wendell RP. Brown recluse spiders: a review to help guide physicians in nonendemic areas. South Med J. 2003 May;96(5):486-90. 
- Wright SW, Wrenn KD, Murray L, Seger D. Clinical presentation and outcome of brown recluse spider bite. Ann Emerg Med. 1997 Jul;30(1):28-32.