Bite from an Ant Warning Signs
Seek immediate medical care for ant bites and any of the following:
- Difficulty breathing
- Fire ant bites in anyone who has had severe allergic reactions to ant, bee or wasp stings in the past.
- More than 100 fire ant bites in an adult
- More than 20 fire ant bites in a small child
- Mouth or tongue swelling
Notify your doctor for:
Continue to Bite from an Ant Outlook
- Golden DB, Kagey-Sobotka A, Norman PS, Hamilton RG, Lichtenstein LM. Outcomes of allergy to insect stings in children, with and without venom immunotherapy. N Engl J Med. 2004 Aug 12;351(7):668-74. 
- Graft DF. Managing insect sting allergy. The ins and outs of venom immunotherapy. Postgrad Med. 2005 Jul;118(1):38-42. 
- Moffitt JE. Allergic reactions to insect stings and bites. South Med J. 2003 Nov;96(11):1073-9. 
- Steen CJ, Janniger CK, Schutzer SE, Schwartz RA. Insect sting reactions to bees, wasps, and ants. Int J Dermatol. 2005 Feb;44(2):91-4. 
- Stibich AS, Carbonaro PA, Schwartz RA. Insect bite reactions: an update. Dermatology. 2001;202(3):193-7.