Bite from a Dog Incidence
Facts about dog bites:
- Dogs bite more than 4 million people each year in the US.
- Dog bites account for 90% of all animal bites.
- More than 900 dog bites are treated in US emergency departments each day.
- About 20 people die from dog bite injuries in the US each year.
- Dog bites are most common in children and adolescents.
Continue to Bite from a Dog Symptoms
- Brook I. Management of human and animal bite wounds: an overview. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2005 May;18(4):197-203. 
- Brook I. Microbiology and management of human and animal bite wound infections. Prim Care. 2003 Mar;30(1):25-39, v. 
- Correira K. Managing dog, cat, and human bite wounds. JAAPA. 2003 Apr;16(4):28-32, 34, 37. 
- Talan DA, Citron DM, Abrahamian FM, Moran GJ, Goldstein EJ. Bacteriologic analysis of infected dog and cat bites. Emergency Medicine Animal Bite Infection Study Group. N Engl J Med. 1999 Jan 14;340(2):85-92. 
- Wolff KD. Management of animal bite injuries of the face: experience with 94 patients. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998 Jul;56(7):838-43.